Tuesday, November 6, 2012

One Day at a Time

Today had been a rough day for me. AF finally showed her face on Sunday. I was excited because that means I am closer to being able to start TTC again. But I called my doctor’s office today because I needed some clarification on how many cycles I needed to wait until I could start TTC again. I was told by one doctor to wait one cycle and another doctor to wait two. I called today and got sad news that I need to wait another cycle, which means I won't be able to start TTC again until December. I am so inpatient and this was just not at all what I wanted to hear. I know I am probably being a little whiny here, but I am just super bummed today.
To add the topping on top of the, great day, cake I log onto Facebook and see yet another pregnancy announcement! Then I have Yahoo as my home page and there are two celebrity pregnancy announcements. SERIOUSLY?! Where do the fertile myrtles come from?! Sometimes it feels like the universe is throwing this in my face. Which I know is absolutely ridiculous, but it still feels this way.
I have been trying to be more positive but it can be so hard. I just feel so ready to be a mom. And my husband and I have so much love to give to a child. I guess I need to work on my ability to be patient. But my husband and I have never ever been good with patience, when we set out sight on something we pretty much just want it right then. So I think that God is really just testing us and trying to teach us to be more patient. But I’d say that nine months (probably more but I am only counting April through December that I know we will have been trying) plus the nine months of carrying that little baby around is more than enough waiting!
 
I actually wrote this yesterday but I was really sad and didn’t feel up to finishing the post. But to continue with my 30 days of thankful:
Day five~ I am thankful that I am able to go to college. It can be so stressful sometimes, and I often forget that it is a blessing and privilege to be able to go to college.
Day six~ I am thankful for my sweet dog. We adopted him from a shelter when he was 7 weeks old and loved him dearly since. He is so sweet and always snuggles up to me, which can make any day better!
Our puppy the day we brought him home :)
 
This is him now, well a couple of months ago :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment