Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Let's Begin

I’ve never blogged before so bear with me…

This post is going to be pretty jumbled. I just want to tell you a little about myself and pretty much explain why I am starting this blog.

I live in Oregon, super exciting. I am studying business administration at a university here. I am in the middle of my junior year and it is taking way more than four years to finish this Bachelor’s degree haha. I work full time as a supervisor at a department store. I love what I do, but I probably bit off more than I could chew when I took on the supervisor role. It has been super stressful considering I am already going to school full time. My husband and I have been together for seven years but only married for a little over one year. Yes we waited forever to get married but we like to do things on our own time haha. We have the most adorable dog ever that is just over a year old. (Who as I am typing this just chewed up his bone all over our bed…lovely haha.)

I am starting this blog because I have been thinking about it forever but never acted on it. I have had the worst year of my life so far. Not to whine or anything but yes I am whining. In February my mom, sister, husband, and I were in a really awful and scary car crash. I somehow got out of the car right away and was able to get my little sister out but my husband and mom were stuck in the car for nearly an hour. It was one of the worst experiences of my entire life. My husband had a bunch of fun injuries and missed nearly a month of work. Then when we thought he was better we found out that he had also torn his ACL and meniscus and PCL which led to surgery and him missing three more months of work. I know we are not the only people who have struggled but holy cow missing four months of work really sets you back. So since then life has been super rough.

Finally we were getting back on our feet and it felt super awesome. So here goes the super awesome fun part of the year. My husband and I have wanted kids forever. So in March I stopped taking my birth control because I had researched and found that it usually takes three months to a year to wear off. We were never trying super hard but we were definitely hoping sooner rather than later in this situation. In September I was ridiculously tired, even more ridiculously hungry, and then I did not get my period so I took a pregnancy test and low and behold I was pregnant. I literally ran out of the bathroom to tell my husband. I don’t even think he knew what I was saying. His exact response was “You’re pregnant?” and then he just hugged me forever and then he put me down, looked at the test and was like “Are you sure that means you are pregnant?” So we eventually calmed down. The next day we went to the store and bought three pregnancy books because we did not know what the heck we were going to do haha. In retrospect we may have been a bit panicked. We were so excited just thinking of how amazing it was going to be to have our own little family. But then when I was just over five weeks along I noticed I was spotting, which eventually led to me having a miscarriage. I was not very far along but any woman who has ever been pregnant knows that you get attached to the baby growing inside of you pretty much the second you find out you are pregnant. So this leads me to now and starting this blog. That is the majorly condensed story of my miscarriage but as time goes on I will get into all of the super awesome break downs that followed.

That is where I am at right now. Maybe no one will ever read this, I’m ok with that. But if anybody reads this and can relate that will be good too! Feel free to leave comments or feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment