Friday, July 26, 2013

30 Weeks!


I am 30 weeks already! Time has seriously been flying by, and while I am beyond excited to meet our little guy, I need it time to chill out just a bit! I still have so much to do! And things have just been hectic!

So I thought it was a good idea to take a full term for summer because I can finish my degree in March instead of July that way, but it has really just been super crazy now. I have to keep reminding myself that this will be worth it in the end.

Payton gave us a good scare last week that landed me in labor and delivery being monitored. I was at work and kept having Braxton Hicks contractions. I ignored them the entire day because I wasn’t timing them but I could tell it was no more than two or three an hour. I got off work and drove up to the college to take a test. Let me tell you, it is not easy to focus on a test while thinking about how many contractions you have had since you got there. I finished the test and was walking back to my car when I got a contraction that stopped me because it was the strongest one I’d had so far. I decided I better call the nurse just in case. She told me rest and drink lots of water. I swear that if I drink anymore water I am going to have to just stay on the toilet 24/7. So I went home and, although I had a few more, things did seem to settle down.

 Then I had to work early the next day and I got to work and my lower back was super achy and it felt like I was having period-like cramps. I tried taking it really easy but it didn’t go away and I continued having lots of Braxton hicks which were now at least three times an hour but got up to 4. I called the nurse again, feeling really silly and like a worry wart. She asked me a bunch of questions and then said “ok I am going to call over to the family birthing center (which is labor and delivery in my town) and let them know you are coming in to get checked”.  Cue my panic. I called my husband and told him I would be home soon and get ready to go because I had to go be monitored.

We got to the family birthing center and they were really nice. They put me in a very small room and strapped me up to a fetal heart monitor and the monitor to track contractions. Sure enough I was having even more contractions than what I was noticing. They ran a few tests to check for things like bladder infections, checked to make sure I wasn’t dilating, and did a swap to make sure I wasn’t in danger of delivering within the next two weeks. Everything looked good and by the time all those tests were done the contractions were slowing down. They kept me there for a while to make sure nothing else happened but by this point it was pretty clear all was well.

So I was sent home and told to chill out at work because I likely over worked myself. So now I am being more careful at work and making sure that I am drinking tons of water. I need this little man to stay in there for at least 7 more weeks! The worst part is that now my doctor is all worried and said I need to keep a close eye on the contractions because I am supposed to go to a work meeting in two weeks that is three hours out of town and requires an overnight trip. Hopefully things stay mellow until I get back!

Well that got awfully long! I hope that I can start doing some more blog posts because there is really so much to write about when you are pregnant! I want to write about my birth plan, the hospital bag, and all sorts of other things.

Oh and we are moving next week too! I found an awesome little place that we both love so once we get moved in I have to set up Payton’s nursery pronto and get all of his things organized!

And here is a picture of Brent and I (and our pup) on our two year anniversary which was on the 16th. I am getting huge!
 

2 comments: